Fancy That Case Study - Upgrading from Perenial
Business Type: Retail Store
Name: Fancy That
Location: Los Angeles
Number of Sites: 2
Review of Operations:
In 2008 Client was using Perennial POS to perform sales and inventory management. They could perform sales but had little oversight over sales of both locations and inventory control for both locations.
Inventory was difficult to manage. They would receive hundreds of unique items that would have to be entered into the system manually.
Because the software and database didn’t connect the sites in any way, end of day sales had to be gathered from both locations, and restocking and re-ordering had to be consolidated by hand. This amount of work was tedious and difficult with long reports of re-order lists.
They didn’t have debit card support with P.I.N. pads. This added charges to the credit processing.
Fancy that determined they needed the following:
- Debit Support.
- Consolidated Reporting of Inventory and Sales
- Ability to enter or import Inventory
- Ability to Reconcile Inventory
- Ability to Generate –Re Order Lists
CCS Enterprise was decided as the Point of Sale replacement for their locations.
They added a new server as the host to both sites. They kept their existing terminals and hardware, but installed the CCS client software.
In place of hand entering the items, they were able to import long lists of inventory from Excel and CSV Files. With a field list of over 40 items, they could import all necessary data for items, including related data such as new departments, new categories, new vendors and new manufacturers.
Because of the VPN connection and consolidated databases, reporting on both sites for sales and inventory is always available.
Generate Re-Order Lists:
Fancy That is able to reduce their ordering time because Re-Order lists can be regenerated according to vendor. These lists consider if the product is low in inventory at the time the list is run.
Multi Site Reporting:
Because the sites are tied together, reporting can be done for both locations from their main location.
- Return’s can be audited and processed.
- Sales can be audited, and if price changes are made, the reasons are stored and viewable.
- Employee’s hours are easily retrieved. As well as breaks.
- Payments are reported, the different payment methods such as cash, credit etc.
- Gift Cards and Certificates can be shared across both sites. No need for Gift Card Server through the credit card processor.
|< Prev||Next >|