Inventory Mangement with Liquor Stores, Point of Sale Solutions and Services
If you are here, chances are you own or manage a liquor store. You might even have several stores. You are faced with certain and specific problems and are looking for their solutions.
We have been working with liquor stores long enough to know the big issues and the little ones. Those little problems add up. So we make sure our solution is comprehensive, easy to use, and reduces and removes both little and big problems. We also make sure CCS doesn’t become another one of your problems, as is so often the case in computers, and Point of Sale.
You need to track shrinkage, and to find out when a product has been sold, stolen, or expires. We have daily re-ordering, snap shot reconciliation, multi-site management and inventory transfers. These will start you off on g
ood inventory practices.
Securing your Liquor Store | Managing Theft and Inventory Shrinkage:
Even with Surveillance, you have a lot of targets in your liquor store. That’s why you sit in your office, reviewing surveillance footage when some high school kids leave your store. We can’t overtly stop theft if it’s not at the register, but we can audit it, and help reduce it. Audits will identify your most common theft areas and help you focus on solutions.
Expected Regular Costs:
There is specific overhead managing your liquor inventory. Most store’s inventory reconciliation is poor. Even worse, most liquor stores pay an outside source to do a periodic inventory of their items. That’s a bad inventory system, plus you’re paying for it. That’s not what you are in business for. Of course you know this, and that’s why you are here? Just keep this in mind: by the time we are through this we’ll add up all of your current costs and compare them to the cost of a Professional Liquor POS System. You should pull this cost now and start making a list.
Thinking about managing your ordering through a POS system? We manage a complete Inventory Cycle.
- As we said before, you can automate Re-Order Lists for vendors.
- Next step: you or your employees receive the inventory purchases, and verify against the purchase order.
- Then: we have Zebra Label and Avery Label support for items being received. We have multiple labeling options: Shelf Labeling for common items where the label is placed on the shelf, and Item Labeling for unique items when the label is placed on the item.
- Periodically you perform inventory reconciliation. We know how tedious it is. We’ve worked with many different sites to make this less painful and fit each kind of business style. Before POS many stores paid for an outside service. These services hardly do a complete inventory, and can’t really generate an inventory cycle of real value to the liquor store.
- With our POS, you can break this reconciliation work into date ranges and locations. During those periods your items will be sold, broken, stolen or expire. In the end you’ll audit for these changes in inventory.
What’s the end result?
- Better theft control.
- Reduced ordering – when you know how your products cycle, you don’t have to purchase as much of the same product.
- In house Inventory Management – Reduced Administrative costs from some other company.
- Purchase history on your computer: not on paper, and hardly filed or even lost.
So far all of this sounds great. You are starting to save money. You get to know everything about your business. You know you’ll reduce your purchases.
This must make a lot of sense because you are still here. It even gets better. While inventory is of major concern, just getting started makes you question if it’s worth it all.
What’s Your Strategy: At this point, you might say “I have thousands of items!”
Of course we have a database populated with Liquor Store item. At this point, every POS System, offering Liquor Store solutions, plug’s their database in with the list of current popular liquor store items. But who makes it easiest?
Knowing you have an easy beginning is one sign that continuing on will be easy. If you have to add hundreds more items at the beginning, or sometime in the future; you know with CCS its as easy as typing into an excel spreadsheet. For years now we have made the updating of your inventory, the pricing, the categories, the label printing and many more features easy as just using the cash register.
How about Logistics: Single Site, Multi-Site / Enterprise?
If you say you are a single site and growing, or a multi site already, then POS is of even greater benefit to you. Once you get one site and running, the next sites will be a simple matter of updating your inventory, adding new employees and sharing your customer database.
CCS is Enterprise level software. We will help you connect your locations and do multi site reporting, analysis and oversight.
Site to Site Item Transfers:
Item Transfers from store to store are as simple as features you already know: Purchase Orders.
Standard features include the ability to VPN. Which means you can check any location from one computer using the Site Manager – Site manager allows you to switch sites.
Payroll – Use Paychex or Any other Payroll Service:
We supply your payroll company the Time Period labor hours. We manage breaks, overtime and holiday pay. And you can keep track of your pre-tax payroll cost.
This is a major subject in itself. We handle all kinds of contacts, from vendors to customers. Loyalty programs, Gift Cards and Certificates, Discount programs and more. Customer Management Link. We cover this extensively in other articles, such as the software tour.
There’s so many brands out there, Dell, Epson, Elo - “What kind of POS System Should I Purchase?”
There are many kinds of computers, peripherals and network components to look at. We’ve put together the information you need to make an informed decision. We can provide you a well branded product, we have resellers who focus on refurbished products. We have lesser known brands who actually provide hardware to the well known brands. We’ve done the research, you get the benefits.
Are you thinking? “I need a Specialist to come and install it, and service it”
Check out our Reseller Directory. If you can’t find a reseller in your area, then give us a call or contact our support by email.